City of Whittier - New Business License Application
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on annual basis and expire at the end of 12th months. (With the exception of Gross Receipt Businesses – due in January and Rental Properties - due in April).
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of Whittier.
3. Sole Owner or Partnership requires the Driver's License number or other form of identifiation for
all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a
Federal Tax Identification Number and/or State Employee Identification Number for the business.
Date of Birth is not a required field.
4. The applicant is required to provide an address where the individual or business consents to
receive service of process. This address can be a P O Box or private mailbox service. This SOP
address should be entered in the owner's address.
5. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 7 business days you will receive an
email containing the amount due and instructions on how to make payment online.
6. Per AB2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process
address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code. To do
so, please apply in person - you may not apply online.
The City of Whittier would like to welcome you to its business community.
We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging.
We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call 562-567-9880.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE. To view in other languages click HERE.